At Pacific Collegiate School, athletics are not just about having fun, but also about personal growth and learning. We have an extensive athletics program and accomplished teams who participate in the Pacific Coast Athletic League (PCAL).
Plus our inclusive athletics program provides broad access for interested students to play sports. Our students have the opportunity to develop their athletic skills and emotional intelligence through sports. Our athletes form strong bonds, strengthen character, and develop sportsmanship and leadership. Our coaches aim to instill lifelong habits that will lead our students to better and healthier lives.
For more information, please contact Athletic Director, Todd Osborne.
High School Sports
Junior High Sports
A student is eligible for any extra-curricular activities if they meet the following requirements:
- Minimum GPA of 2.0 at the end of each grading period; and
- Attend at least half of his/her classes on the day of the activity.
For athletic eligibility, a student must meet the requirements listed above AND
- Be passing four (4) classes at PCS.
- Be making minimum progress towards fulfilling the PCS graduation requirements. This includes being up to date with annual Community Service requirements.
Grades will be checked by the Friday following the end of each grading period and go into effect on Monday of the second week of each grading period (except for start of the year eligibility; eligibility for fall sports/activities will be determined by the previous Spring semester final grades.) For transfer students, it will be based on grades earned during the last semester of the previous school, if available).
Students who are interested in transferring to PCS should refer to the CCS Eligibility Rules for transfer students. Transfer students also need to fill out the CCS Student Transfer Form and return it to the Athletic Director by email or hard copy.
- Coach Application
- Coaches Code of Conduct
- TB Test Result (in last 6 months) or questionnaire signed by a physician
- Live Fingerprint Scan - form to be provided
- Adult CPR/First Aid Certification
- Coaches Handbook
CIF Certification Required
- General Coaching Education Course
- The Fundamentals of Coaching course through the NFHS https://nfhslearn.com/courses/61001, or CIF Coaching Principles http://www.asep.com/courseInfo/purchase_courseinfo.cfm?courseID=227
- NFHS Concussion Certification Online: https://nfhslearn.com/courses/38000
- Sudden Cardiac Arrest: http://www.sportsafetyinternational.org/cardiacwise/
- Heat Acclimatization Course: https://nfhslearn.com/courses/heat-illness-prevention-2
- First Aid and CPR Certification (Course offered on campus annually)
*All are required for CA high school and junior high coaches prior to conducting any practices
PCS Human Resources/Business Office will have some additional paperwork for each hired coach to complete.
- Sports Physical (Required for Jr. High and High School Sports)
- Open Gym Consent
- CCS Student Transfer
- Team Parent Stipend Authorization
- Personal Vehicle Use
- CA Athletic Clearance
- CA Athletic Clearance (Spanish)